Direct Support Professional applicants, please complete our Tips for electronically completing the Employment Application:
Employment Application. Completed applications can be emailed to
firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed to 1825 Victory Street, or dropped off during
regular business hours Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 4 PM.
Direct Support Professional applicants, please complete our
Tips for electronically completing the Employment Application:
Chileda is an integrated school and residential campus located in La Crosse, Wisconsin, where we serve residents (aged 6-21) with autism spectrum disorders and other cognitive and behavioral challenges. Our highly trained and compassionate staff are leaders in their field who customize a highly individualized approach for each resident to help them replace challenging behaviors so they can return to their least restrictive environment. We invite you to join our team and we’ll show you how we change lives.
Looking for Compassionate, Caring and Energetic Employees
Educational Manager – We are seeking an Educational Manager to manage all aspects of our education program to ensure all local day students and residential students are provided an excellent educational experience while working on behavioral plans, and IEPs. This position will work collaboratively with our Behavior Services department. Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Educational Manager will manage a school for individuals with cognitive and behavioral challenges, and
- Collaborate with the Director of Behavior Services to ensure students are meeting their behavioral goals.
- Train teachers to work collaboratively with behavior services to set up a classroom environment for meeting educational and behavioral goals.
- Train classroom teachers to teach in a unique environment in which they collaborate with multiple departments (behavior, case, residential) to ensure consistency across environments.
- Provide ongoing supervision to teachers through training and feedback through the year. Complete classroom observations at least bi-annually and provide performance feedback throughout the year along with annual performance evaluations. Develop and implement education department policies and procedures reflective of Chileda’s philosophy and mission.
- Direct curriculum and assessment tools to fulfill programming needs for students at various ability levels. Assist teachers in following graduation requirements from multiple school districts as appropriate. Assist teachers in addressing annual state testing for students from multiple school districts and states.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and maintenance of all Individualized Educational Programs (IEPs), including annual and quarterly review meetings with families, school districts, and social service agencies from multiple states.
- Oversee school compliance reporting to multiple agencies in multiple states.
- Manage budget for Education.
- Manage scheduling needs of education department including annual school calendar and teacher schedules. Collaborate with teachers to schedule specials and create daily classroom schedules designed to meet individual student needs.
- Conduct bi-weekly department meetings to build leadership and collaboration. Promote an atmosphere of enthusiasm with the education team, encouraging collaboration and consultation with Behavior, Case Managers, administration, and other Chileda staff to meet student needs.
- Ensure staff are trained on and completing Incident Reports, Serious Incident Reports and other required reporting documents.
- Remain current on Special Education law.
- Strive to enroll students as requested by local counties and Chileda’s Administrative Team.
- Work with agency administrators to improve and implement actions that affect program delivery. Serve as the educational representative on various agency committees such as the Enrollment Committee.
- Provide consultation and technical assistance to classroom teachers in a team-oriented manner, providing direction and plans of action to meet needs of students.
This position requires a master’s degree in education or a related field with at least two years of supervision experience. Ideal candidates will have certification in ABA along with a Director of Special Education license or ability to obtain within three years.
Candidates should submit their resume and letter of interest to Dana Von Ruden, Director of Human Resources: email@example.com.
Direct Support Professional – Chileda’s Direct Support Professional positions are active, fun and rewarding. What’s Chileda? We’re NOT a Mexican restaurant, we’re an integrated school and residential center located in La Crosse, Wisconsin, where we serve students (aged 6-21) with autism spectrum disorders and other cognitive and behavioral challenges. As the first significant papers were being published on autism, Chileda was already helping families find unique and tailored approaches to each individual child they served. 45 years later, we continue and need you as a Direct Support Professional.
Benefits of Direct Support Professionals:
- Competitive starting wages
- Full and part time schedules to fit your life on first, second, and third shift
- Opportunities for advancement into leadership roles
What’s a typical day like for Direct Support Professionals?
- Work directly with students helping to implement Behavior Plans, Individualized Education Programs and Activities for Daily Living
- Assist students on community outings
- Help students engage in large and small group activities
If you would like more information on our Direct Support Professional positions or want to apply, download our application on our website or stop into our facility at 1825 Victory Street for an application. Chileda is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- $12.50 – $15.50/hour starting wage for 1st & 2nd shift
- $13.00 – $16.00/hour starting wage for 3rd shift
- $1.00/hour more on weekends
- $1.00/hour 3rd shift differential
If you are interested in learning more about our Direct Support Professional positions, please contact our Recruiter, Toby Wendtland, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other employment inquiries, please email email@example.com.
About La Crosse
“Gorgeous bluffs rising to the east and the river and bluffs to the west; La Crosse is nestled in a most unique scenic area. La Crosse boasts the confluence of three rivers: the Mississippi River, the Black River, and the La Crosse River. The bluffs, rivers, forests and prairies offer exceptional recreational activities: The City of La Crosse has 42 parks scattered throughout the City; the most popular are those along the banks of the rivers. Shopping, dining, arts & entertainment, historic downtown La Crosse offers experiences not found elsewhere. Unique restaurants and side walk cafés and coffee shops intermingle with boutiques and places for late night entertainment. The Pump House Regional Arts Center features art exhibits, the La Crosse Community Theatre offers productions, and music lovers will be in awe of the La Crosse Symphony, local jazz concerts, or rock-n-roll bands. In La Crosse you’ll find opportunities for higher education in both UW-La Crosse, Viterbo University, and Western Technical College.”
Video courtesy of http://www.explorelacrosse.com.