Direct Support Professional applicants, please complete our Tips for electronically completing the Employment Application:
Employment Application. Completed applications can be emailed to
firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed to 1825 Victory Street, or dropped off during
regular business hours Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 4 PM.
Direct Support Professional applicants, please complete our
Tips for electronically completing the Employment Application:
Chileda is an integrated school and residential campus located in La Crosse, Wisconsin, where we serve residents (aged 6-21) with autism spectrum disorders and other cognitive and behavioral challenges. Our highly trained and compassionate staff are leaders in their field who customize a highly individualized approach for each resident to help them replace challenging behaviors so they can return to their least restrictive environment. We invite you to join our team and we’ll show you how we change lives.
Looking for Compassionate, Caring and Energetic Employees
Director of Health Services – We are seeking a health care professional to lead our Health & Wellness department. This position is day shift, full time, and Monday through Friday!
The Director of Health Services provides oversight of health care services, including supervision and management of the Health & Wellness department. The Director of Health Services oversees medication administration, health service appointments, immunizations, and advocating for the overall health needs of Chileda’s students.
Director of Health Services Job Duties Include
- In collaboration with the Health & Wellness Manager provide training, supervision, and feedback to Health & Wellness staff.
- Stay up to date on current Department of Health Services (DHS), Department of Children and Families (DCF) regulations related to health services, Community Based Residential Facility (CBRF) regulations, and Accreditation standards. Ensure that policies and procedures align with DHS, DCF, and CBRF regulations and accreditation.
- Oversee ordering, set up, and administration of all medications in accordance with CBRF regulations. Be fluent in the use of electronic MAR.
- Procure appropriate laboratory studies and ongoing assessments and interpretation of lab studies with physicians. Coordinate health service appointments on site as necessary (e.g. Psychiatrist, Neurologist, etc.).
- Supervision of appropriate immunizations for students and the keeping of accurate immunization records.
• Complete required documentation pertaining to the health/dental care of the students (e.g., case notes, progress notes).
- Monitor and maintain resident charts and progress notes Ensure student medical charts are organized, maintained and contain the required documents as outlined in rules and regulations and accreditation standards.
- Continuous physical and emotional assessment of individual residents through personal observation, interpretation of staff’s charting, and verbal and/or written reports from the student’s team including parents, physicians, and agency staff, child’s social workers and concerned others.
- In coordination with the Health & Wellness Care Coordinator, communicate with student’s parents/guardian regarding any health care/dental concerns.
- Assess the ability to meet new referral’s medical needs, ensure H&W representation at pre-enrollment meetings, ensure medication scripts and signed medical releases are obtained prior to enrollment, and complete necessary health assessments and documentation for new residential students.
- Ensure health reports for Treatment Plans/IEPs, admission, and discharge are completed and submitted.
- Maintain nutritional standards for students of Chileda along with physician and dietician, including monitoring of special diets.
- In collaboration with the Health and Wellness Manager, take fiscal responsibility for setting and staying within budget for the Health & Wellness department.
Required Education & Experience
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- LPN certification is required, RN is preferred.
- Two years of nursing experience is preferred.
- Ability to make independent decisions, and work as a team.
- At least two years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Experience with or ability to learn electronic medication administration records (E-MAR) and electronic client management systems is preferred.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to Dana Von Ruden, Director of Human Resources email@example.com.
Health & Wellness Care Professionals – We are seeking caring health care professionals to work in our Health & Wellness Department as part-time Health & Wellness Care Professionals. Qualified applicants will have a minimum of high school diploma or equivalent, current First Aid and CPR, and CBRF Medication Administration preferred.
Health & Wellness Care Professionals provide care, advocacy, and treatment across all shifts to all residents and day students. This position is also responsible for passing scheduled and non-scheduled medications to students. Give basic first aid treatment for minor injuries, accompany students on medical and/or dental appointments as needed. Other duties include maintaining accurate medical records, recording all pertinent medical data in electronic client management system, and communicating with other departments.
These are part time positions, mainly second shift, and every other weekend and holiday.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume and letter of interest to Dana Von Ruden, Director of Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leisure Education Teacher – Chileda is a leader in Behavioral Special Education and we are looking for a matching individual to join our team as a Leisure Education Teacher. In this role you will be responsible for providing students with therapeutic based structured programming. Students will be given the opportunity to participate in planned projects and activities.
The Leisure Education Teacher will introduce students to a variety of leisure skills which will include movement, art, social interaction, coping skills, life skills, and leisure skills. Design and implement structured activities which include opportunities for imagination, rational thinking, presentation, and the pursuit of a hobby.
The Leisure Education curriculum will be influenced by the needs and wants of the students, and their individual teams. Work in collaboration with our other Special Education Teachers, OT, PT, and Speech in order to incorporate disciplines within planned programming.
Qualified Leisure Education Teacher applicants will have a Bachelor’s degree in Special Education or Therapeutic Recreation. A valid teaching license from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) is preferred. Minimum of two years experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder and attachment challenges is preferred. Ability to lead, take charge, problem solve, and give direction is a must. Must have the ability to take on responsibilities and new challenges.
Chileda is more than a job, it’s an opportunity to serve.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to DanaV@chileda.org.
Behavior Technicians – The Chileda Development & Learning Center is growing, and expanding their team of Behavior Technicians. Behavior Technicians work one-on-one with children and youth in their homes where they will teach daily living and behavior management skills. The Chileda Development & Learning Center opened in 2019 with the mission of improving the quality of life for youth with cognitive challenges and extraordinary behavioral needs. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a team of trained behavior professionals who work with local families in the surrounding communities.
Two part-time Behavior Technicians are needed to support the children who receive our services. Flexible hours to include mornings, evenings, and occasional weekends. Qualified candidates will have a valid driver’s license, insured vehicle, and the ability to independently get to multiple sites throughout the surrounding counties. Two years of previous experience working with individuals with Autism and other complex care needs is preferred, but not required. Qualified candidates must be a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) or be able to complete the RBT training program.
If you are interested in changing the lives of area youth, and being a part of a growing team of trained behavior professionals, apply today! Please submit your resume to Dana Von Ruden: email@example.com.
Director of Special Education/Principal – We are seeking a Director of Special Education/Principal to manage all aspects of our education program to ensure all local day students and residential students are provided an excellent educational experience while working on behavioral plans, and IEPs. This position will work collaboratively with our Behavior Services department. Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Special Education/Principal will manage a school for individuals with cognitive and behavioral challenges, and
- Collaborate with the Director of Behavior Services to ensure students are meeting their behavioral goals.
- Train teachers to work collaboratively with behavior services to set up a classroom environment for meeting educational and behavioral goals.
- Train classroom teachers to teach in a unique environment in which they collaborate with multiple departments (behavior, case, residential) to ensure consistency across environments.
- Provide ongoing supervision to teachers through training and feedback through the year. Complete classroom observations at least bi-annually and provide performance feedback throughout the year along with annual performance evaluations. Develop and implement education department policies and procedures reflective of Chileda’s philosophy and mission.
- Direct curriculum and assessment tools to fulfill programming needs for students at various ability levels. Assist teachers in following graduation requirements from multiple school districts as appropriate. Assist teachers in addressing annual state testing for students from multiple school districts and states.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and maintenance of all Individualized Educational Programs (IEPs), including annual and quarterly review meetings with families, school districts, and social service agencies from multiple states.
- Oversee school compliance reporting to multiple agencies in multiple states.
- Manage budget for Education.
- Manage scheduling needs of education department including annual school calendar and teacher schedules. Collaborate with teachers to schedule specials and create daily classroom schedules designed to meet individual student needs.
- Conduct bi-weekly department meetings to build leadership and collaboration. Promote an atmosphere of enthusiasm with the education team, encouraging collaboration and consultation with Behavior, Case Managers, administration, and other Chileda staff to meet student needs.
- Ensure staff are trained on and completing Incident Reports, Serious Incident Reports and other required reporting documents.
- Remain current on Special Education law.
- Strive to enroll students as requested by local counties and Chileda’s Administrative Team.
- Work with agency administrators to improve and implement actions that affect program delivery. Serve as the educational representative on various agency committees such as the Enrollment Committee.
- Provide consultation and technical assistance to classroom teachers in a team-oriented manner, providing direction and plans of action to meet needs of students.
This position requires a master’s degree in education or a related field with at least two years of supervision experience. Ideal candidates will have certification in ABA along with a Director of Special Education license or ability to obtain within three years.
Candidates should submit their resume and letter of interest to Dana Von Ruden, Director of Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct Support Professional – Chileda’s Direct Support Professional positions are active, fun and rewarding. What’s Chileda? We’re NOT a Mexican restaurant, we’re an integrated school and residential center located in La Crosse, Wisconsin, where we serve students (aged 6-21) with autism spectrum disorders and other cognitive and behavioral challenges. As the first significant papers were being published on autism, Chileda was already helping families find unique and tailored approaches to each individual child they served. 45 years later, we continue and need you as a Direct Support Professional.
Benefits of Direct Support Professionals:
- Competitive starting wages
- Full and part time schedules to fit your life on first, second, and third shift
- Opportunities for advancement into leadership roles
What’s a typical day like for Direct Support Professionals?
- Work directly with students helping to implement Behavior Plans, Individualized Education Programs and Activities for Daily Living
- Assist students on community outings
- Help students engage in large and small group activities
If you would like more information on our Direct Support Professional positions or want to apply, download our application on our website or stop into our facility at 1825 Victory Street for an application. Chileda is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- $12.50 – $15.50/hour starting wage for 1st & 2nd shift
- $13.00 – $16.00/hour starting wage for 3rd shift
- $1.00/hour more on weekends
- $1.00/hour 3rd shift differential
If you are interested in learning more about our Direct Support Professional positions, please contact our Recruiter, Toby Wendtland, at email@example.com.
For all other employment inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About La Crosse
“Gorgeous bluffs rising to the east and the river and bluffs to the west; La Crosse is nestled in a most unique scenic area. La Crosse boasts the confluence of three rivers: the Mississippi River, the Black River, and the La Crosse River. The bluffs, rivers, forests and prairies offer exceptional recreational activities: The City of La Crosse has 42 parks scattered throughout the City; the most popular are those along the banks of the rivers. Shopping, dining, arts & entertainment, historic downtown La Crosse offers experiences not found elsewhere. Unique restaurants and side walk cafés and coffee shops intermingle with boutiques and places for late night entertainment. The Pump House Regional Arts Center features art exhibits, the La Crosse Community Theatre offers productions, and music lovers will be in awe of the La Crosse Symphony, local jazz concerts, or rock-n-roll bands. In La Crosse you’ll find opportunities for higher education in both UW-La Crosse, Viterbo University, and Western Technical College.”
Video courtesy of http://www.explorelacrosse.com.