Looking for Compassionate, Caring and Energetic Employees
Special Education Teacher – Special Education Teachers are key components in assuring our mission of “improving quality of life in youth with cognitive challenges whose behavior cannot be supported within other programs” is being achieved.
Chileda was founded in 1973 with the idea that every child can reach their full potential regardless of cognitive or behavioral challenges. As the first significant papers were being published on autism, Chileda was already helping families find unique and tailored approaches to each individual child they served. 45 years later, we continue to innovate at our integrated school and residential campus in La Crosse, WI.
We have an opening for a full-time Special Education Teacher to join our team. Chileda’s education building has ten Special Education classrooms with four specials. The culture and environment at Chileda is unique, creative and promotes growth and development.
Special Education Teachers are:
- Responsible for the overall operation of assigned classroom, including student evaluation, and the design and implementation of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs).
- Provide overall direction and supervision of assigned classroom in coordination with the agency program initiative.
- Develop and implement viable and productive lesson plans and educational experiences for students within the framework of each student’s assessed strengths and needs.
Requirements for Special Education Teachers:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder and attachment challenges is preferred.
- Valid Teacher’s License. If license is out of the state of WI, teacher must get a WI Teacher License upon expiration of current license.
Full-time Special Education Teachers are provided with a GENEROUS PTO package, full benefits and the opportunity to work in an active, fast-paced environment.
Chileda is an equal opportunity employer.
Direct Support Professional – The starting wage is $11.50/hour Monday-Friday and $12.50/hour Saturday and Sunday. Once a passing six month eval is complete, wage increases to $12.50/hour M-F and $13.50/hour on weekends. The starting wage is $14.50/hour if you have a Bachelor’s Degree. Once a passing six month eval is complete, wage increases to $15.50 if you have a Bachelor’s Degree. Plus, there’s a $0.30 differential between the hours of 12:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. Provision of comprehensive educational, recreational, and residential care, including assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), social skills development, and verbal and physical behavioral interventions for children and young adults with special needs including Autism, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), related developmental delays, and intensive behavioral needs.
Click here to view the full job description.
Please email employment inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org