Chileda is an integrated school and residential campus located in La Crosse, Wisconsin, where we serve residents (aged 6-21) with autism spectrum disorders and other cognitive and behavioral challenges. Our highly trained and compassionate staff are leaders in their field who customize a highly individualized approach for each resident to help them replace challenging behaviors so they can return to their least restrictive environment. We invite you to join our team and we’ll show you how we change lives.
Looking for Compassionate, Caring and Energetic Employees
Life Skills Teacher – An exciting opportunity is available in our Education Department. The Life Skills Teacher is responsible for teaching the Life Skills curriculum which includes job and employability skills, vocational training, and life skills related to transition after Chileda. This position will include acquiring knowledge of, locating, and facilitating volunteer and job opportunities for students.
Job Duties of the Life Skills Teacher include
- Conduct transitional/vocational assessments for students age 14 and up prior to their annual meeting.
- Include student in assessments and transition plan development and implementation, as they are able.
- Develop and implement goals based off of assessments, observations and student’s individual strengths and preferences.
- Teach Human Growth and Relationship class for all students.
- Teach career exploration and job readiness classes.
- Develop and implement opportunities within Chileda to prepare students for employment and volunteer work in the community.
- Provide volunteer and job opportunities in the community for students.
- Provide life skills, soft skills training, vocational and transitional learning opportunities to all students based on their individual needs and strengths and assessments.
Qualified applicants will have the following
- Bachelor degree in a human service field is REQUIRED.
- Experience in education, vocational services and/or rehabilitation services are preferred.
- Minimum of two years of work experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder and attachment challenges is preferred.
- Ability to lead, take charge, problem solve, and give direction.
- Ability to take on new responsibilities and challenges.
This is a full-time position working primarily 8 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
Applicants should send a resume and letter of interest to Dana Von Ruden, Director of Human Resources. email@example.com
Controller – The Controller is responsible for all aspects of Chileda’s finance department, including the organization’s accounting practices, internal and external financial and compliance reporting, contracts, property and general insurance, internal controls, payroll and payroll tax reporting, cash management, forecasting and budgeting. Must be able to maintain and ensure compliance in all laws, rules and regulations as it applies to Chileda. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit.
Qualified Controller applicants will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, and have a minimum of five years of relevant Accounting experience. A valid CPA certification, experience working in a non-profit, and supervisory experience are preferred.
Summary of Controller’s Job Duties
- Generate timely and accurate monthly financial statements and other management reports as directed.
- Provide financial analysis and recommendations as they relate to financial results, forecasts, and budgets and report, as requested.
- Create annual budgets with expected, realistic expenses and revenue, analyzing departments, line items, and incorporating expected staffing changes, including balancing wage increases with any expected benefit cost increases.
- Work in collaboration with HR Director and CEO for benefit renewal decisions.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of the day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, cash receipts, investments, invoicing/billing, credit and collections, payroll preparation and reporting, fixed asset records, and general ledger maintenance.
- Ensure payments are made properly and on time, including payroll, payroll taxes and all other time-sensitive payments.
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of payroll quarterly tax reports, including 941, UCT-101 and annual tax reports including W-2/W-3, 1099 / 1096, 990, 1952, 5500 and 720 (PCORI fees).
- Be responsible for and oversee external audits, including financial statements, workers compensation, funder / county, and 401k retirement.
- Ensure timely filing of license renewals, such as RCC, and CBRF licenses, and raffle license, Non-Stock Corporation Annual Report, Charitable Organization, and Annual Report filing.
- Understand job duties and roles of staff supervised; be available for guidance and assistance.
Please submit letter of interest and resume to Dana Von Ruden, Director of Human Resources. firstname.lastname@example.org
Chileda is an equal opportunity employer
Direct Support Professional – Chileda’s Direct Support Professional positions are active, fun and rewarding. What’s Chileda? We’re NOT a Mexican restaurant, we’re an integrated school and residential center located in La Crosse, Wisconsin, where we serve students (aged 6-21) with autism spectrum disorders and other cognitive and behavioral challenges. As the first significant papers were being published on autism, Chileda was already helping families find unique and tailored approaches to each individual child they served. 45 years later, we continue and need you as a Direct Support Professional.
Benefits of Direct Support Professionals:
- Competitive starting wages
- Full and part time schedules to fit your life on first, second, and third shift
- Opportunities for advancement into leadership roles
What’s a typical day like for Direct Support Professionals?
- Work directly with students helping to implement Behavior Plans, Individualized Education Programs and Activities for Daily Living
- Assist students on community outings
- Help students engage in large and small group activities
If you would like more information on our Direct Support Professional positions or want to apply, download our application on our website or stop into our facility at 1825 Victory Street for an application. Chileda is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- $12.00 – $15.00/hour starting wage
- $1.00/hour more on weekends
- $1.00/hour 3rd Shift Differential
- $0.50/hour raise after completing 160 traineeship hours and required 90 day and six month trainings
Please email employment inquiries to email@example.com
About La Crosse
“Gorgeous bluffs rising to the east and the river and bluffs to the west; La Crosse is nestled in a most unique scenic area. La Crosse boasts the confluence of three rivers: the Mississippi River, the Black River, and the La Crosse River. The bluffs, rivers, forests and prairies offer exceptional recreational activities: The City of La Crosse has 42 parks scattered throughout the City; the most popular are those along the banks of the rivers. Shopping, dining, arts & entertainment, historic downtown La Crosse offers experiences not found elsewhere. Unique restaurants and side walk cafés and coffee shops intermingle with boutiques and places for late night entertainment. The Pump House Regional Arts Center features art exhibits, the La Crosse Community Theatre offers productions, and music lovers will be in awe of the La Crosse Symphony, local jazz concerts, or rock-n-roll bands. In La Crosse you’ll find opportunities for higher education in both UW-La Crosse, Viterbo University, and Western Technical College.”
Video courtesy of http://www.explorelacrosse.com.